Join Our Team
Youth Position Available - Jewelry Sales Associate
McGregor & Currie Jewelry
Mariner’s Cove Boardwalk, Cavendish
- A local company that specializes in customizable sand, shell and sea glass jewelry set in sterling silver. We also make aromatherapy jewelry, morse code jewelry and we work with Swarovski elements. We give 5% of our sales to a local women's shelter. This is our first store and we’re looking for someone cool, honest, outgoing and personable to share this new adventure with.
- Reliable, responsible and do not require constant supervision, but you have good judgement in knowing when to ask for support and direction.
- Someone who enjoys interacting with others and helping customers navigate the store.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Good with computers and able to pick up on our new point of sales system.
- Keen to learn how to make some made to order jewelry pieces in the shop.
- Flexible with your schedule, able to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 year of age (it is not necessary to be a student).
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person whom the refugee protection act has been conferred
- Legally entitled to work according to PEI legislation and regulations.
- Target start date is June 29thor earlier if the successful individual is available.
- Anticipated end date is during Labour Day weekend or later.
- Guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours/week.
- Salary: $13.00/hour.
- The shop will be open 11am – 8pm, 7 days a week. Shifts will vary.
- Main duty will be to introduce people who come into the store to the various jewelry lines in stock, help them find particular pieces and process payments.
- Process custom orders for customers who bring in their own elements (sand, shells etc…).
- Process and pack online orders for shipping.
- Open the shop for business.
- Other relevant duties as required.
If you think you’d like to join our team, send a quick note and your resume to email@example.com.